Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine's Eye Makeup Idea!

I wanted to do some kind of fun Valentine's Day eye makeup and this is what I came up with.






Products used: Too Faced Shadow Insurance in Candlelight, NYX Jumbo Pencil in Hot Pink, Jesse's Girl  Eye Dust (no name, but it was bright pink and sparkly), Urban Decay eyeshadow in Last Call, Urban Decay eyeshadow in Junkshow, Urban Decay shadow in Blackout, MAC Pigment in Pink Pearl, Jordana FabuLiner in black, Ardell 116 falsies, MAC Lingering brown Pencil, Maybelline The Falsies Mascara.

Get the Look: This is a fairly simple look. I used my finger to apply TFSI in Candlelight all over my lid and browbone. Then I applied Hot Pink Jumbo pencil on the center of my lid, not going all the way to the inner corner or outer crease. I took my finger and blended the Hot Pink out a bit to soften the edges. I then took a flat shader brush and packed the hot pink Jesse's Girl eye dust all over my lid, leaving the inner corners bare. I then took Urban Decay Last call, and using a crease brush started blending that into my crease and creating a bit of a winged "v" shape on the outer corner of my eye. After I blended that in and up toward my browbone a bit, I started adding Blackout to darken the very outer edges of the shadow, as the Last Call shadow didn't provide enough oomph in contrast to the bright pink. I added a bit of Junkshow just past the middle of of my lid toward the outer "v" to blend it all togehter. Next, I added a matte powder highlight (just used my face powder) and then used pink pearl on my inner corners to brighten them up. I then lined my lids with the Fabuliner, curled my lashes, applied mascara and added the Ardell lashes. I took a bit of the three eye shadows underneath my lower lid in the same order from inner to outer and then lined my waterline with a black liner.

You could use whatever colors you wanted to, but these are what I had on hand. I sort of want to try to do a red and black look also. This is fairly wearable, especially if you pair it with mostly nude lips and cheeks.

What do you think of this look?

Thanks so much for reading!

Cyndi


No comments:

Post a Comment