Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine's Day Nail Ideas!

I put together a few nail ideas for Valentine's Day. I am completely nail art challenged and was able to do them, so I think they are pretty darn simple. Hope you enjoy!

This was probably the most difficult one of them all. I just used Essie Fancy Delancy, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Strobe Light for the glitter, and OPI Big Apple Red for the red polka dots. 

Get the Look: Paint each nail white, then let it dry. Then paint your ring, middle and pinky fingers half pink in a diagonal line. Using a dotting tool, toothpick, hair pin, or ballpoint pen, put dots of each opposing color on either side of the diagonal line. Using the dotting tool again, make three pink hearts and add some red dots in between. Finish with glitter!!!
 
This one is the simplest of the three in my opinion. I used OPI Big Apple Red and Konad White with Konad  Plate M78 and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Strobe Light.

Get the Look:  Paint each nail with a red of your choice. It can be sparkly, glass fleck, metallic, your choice. I used a creme red. Apply 1 coat of Seche Vite (optional, just helps it dry faster in my experience). Konad each nail using the Konad White (the only color that I feel is a Konad brand must have for successful stamping). Allow the Konad design a few minutes to dry. Apply a glitter of your choice, and then a topcoat of your choice to seal the design.

This one is also very simple! I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On, Sally Hansen Insta Dri in Presto Pink, and OPI Big Apple Red.

Get the Look: Paint your nails with a shade of pink that you like, keeping the ring finger bare. Paint your ring finger white. Allow polishes to dry. Once dry, get your dotting tool ready and add white and red dots to the pink fingers and pink and red dots to the white finger.

All in all these were really easy to do. The macro shots I took show all of my little mistakes, but they all looked really good in person. That is saying something coming from me, as I have trouble with noticeable imperfections on my nails. It took me forever to learn to give myself a french manicure that I would wear on my nails.

There are a ton of variations you could do on these nail designs, using whatever colors, textures and patterns you wanted. You could add rhinestones, dense glitter nail polishes, switch up the accent finger...pretty much whatever you wanted to!

Thanks so much for reading! Have a wonderful day.

Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment