Saturday, February 11, 2012

Black and Red V-Day Eyes!

 I mentioned I might experiment with some black and red shadows. I am by no means a pro at this, but I tried. I've never really done something this dark before, so tell me what you think! I definitely need some practice. And a better red shadow! On to the pictures!






Products used: MAC Paint in Flammable, NYX Jumbo Stick in Cherry, Wet N Wild Limited Edition Xmas Palette from 2010 with the red in it, Urban Decay Blackout,  shimmery white shadow for inner corner and just under the brow bone, matte face powder for highlight.

Get the Look: This was pretty simple. I applied Flammable all over my lid except for right near the inner corner, then I topped that with a bit of Cherry Jumbo pencil. I then took the red from the palette and packed that onto the red paint. I then used an angled eyeliner brush from MAC to outline the "v" shape I wanted in black and filled it in with a crease brush from MAC. I then added more red to my lid. After that I lined my eyes, added mascara, liner and falsies. I filled in my brows. Then I took the same black and the eyeliner brush and put the black shadow underneath my lower lash line. I lined my waterline in black and then added my highlights and inner corner color.

This was really fun to do. I don't think that it is very flattering on my face, but I didn't do a full face look with it, so maybe I'll try it again as a whole some other time.

What do you think of this dramatic look?

Thanks for reading!

Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment